Train to Become a Golf Club Fitter and Repairer with Designer Golf
Golf Club Assembly and Repair Courses
If you are looking to start your own business in golf club assembly and repair, or to enable you to carry out work on your own equipment as a hobby, then the courses currently being offered by Designer Golf are exactly what you need. Run by Designer Golf’s founder, Andrew Ash, the UK’s longest established independent professional clubmaker/fitter, the courses will cover all aspects of club assembly and repair and will provide you with all the technical knowledge and hands on practical experience needed to succeed.
The few courses currently available in the UK are, in general, based in a schoolroom type of venue and are run in the main by component suppliers, so the whole process is really a sales based scenario, with usually too many attendees, meaning that any one to one tuition is either very limited or not at all. With this in mind and knowing that not everyone can learn at the same pace, our courses will be based on a one to one basis, or with a maximum of two people and will be run from our own fully operational Fitting Centre and Workshop in Daventry.
As a delegate you will also have the opportunity in becoming an accredited BioMatch fitting centre and give your business a major USP!
The Club Assembly Course Element will give you a thorough grounding in:
- History of Club-making
- Component specifications, covering drivers, fairway woods, hybrids and irons.
- Loft and Lie specifications.
- Carrying out a correct fitting.
- Shaft types and technology, covering both steel and graphite.
- The use of frequency in assessing shaft flex.
- Shaft preparation.
- Spine alignment.
- Swing weight and its effects. MOI and Biomatching (New)
- Assembly and finishing.
- Advice on necessary workshop equipment. (can be supplied)
- Creating your own business.
The Golf Club Repair Course Element will cover:
- Shaft types and removing broken shafts from heads.
- Matching the flex of a broken steel shaft.
- Matching the flex and torque of a broken graphite shaft.
- Preparing heads for reassembly.
- Re-shafting heads with through bore hosels.
- Re-shafting driver heads with adjustable hosels.
- Re-boring tapered hosels to fit parallel tipped shafts.
- Swing weight and its effects.
- Assembly and finishing.
Prices and booking
The Club Assembly and Repair Course is held over 4 days and the cost is £699 + VAT
The Golf Club Repair Course is held over 3 days is £479.00 + VAT
Both courses are payable 2 weeks prior to the commencement of the course. We can assist with details of suitable local accommodation if required.
For any further information please call Steve On 01327 877922 / 07811 065072